World’s most amazing roads
The most amazing roads in the world are a mix of most dangerous, challenging and with breathtaking views. These roads are the ones where you will want to drive again and again and never get bored of them. Here is our list of a few:
- Atlantic Road, Norway – The Atlantic Road is an 8-kilometre long stretch of road between the towns of Kristiansund and Molde, in Norway. The Atlantic Road zigzags across low bridges that jut out over the sea, linking the islands between Molde and Kristiansund in the western fjords. Along the road there is a stretch of ocean which on stormy days is truly dramatic. In clearer days you can spot whales and seals.
- Los Caracoles Road (Between Chile & Argentina) – In English the name of the road translates to ‘snails pass’. The road passes through the harsh terrain of the Andreas Mountains from the Andes on the way between Chile and Argentina. The road has many hard switchbacks on an extremely steep incline and numerous hairpins. It is one of the most challenging roads in the world.
- The Overseas Highway – Florida Keys – The Overseas Highway runs across many islands and across 42 bridges. The highway is mostly over water and takes about four hours to drive through. It has some of the most beautiful sceneries. The road gives you views of the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf – tidal flats, teal waters dotted by distant islands.
- The Guoliang Tunnel, China – This road is carved along the side of and through a mountain in China. The tunnel is 1.2 kilometres long, 5 metres tall and 4 metres wide. An amazing route through a tunnel in the Taihang Mountains that translated from Chinese means “Road that does not tolerate any mistakes”.
- Leh Manali highway, India – The Leh-Manali highway in India stretches over a total distance of 475 km through the high mountains of Himalaya. The road crosses one of the highest mountain pass in the world, at over 5,000 meters above sea level; it is world’s second highest motorable road. Manali to Leh is one of the toughest and highest roads to navigate in the world, but the drive offers some of the most stunning scenery.
- The Great Ocean Road, Australia – Often referred to as one of the most beautiful drives in the whole world. The road along the coast of Victoria is considered one of Australia’s most wonderful roads. The road features beautiful scenery over the mountainous inland, rugged cliffs, long beaches, shipwrecks and the blue ocean, highlighting the beauty of the area. The Great Ocean Road crosses 243 km along the south eastern coast of Australia, in Victoria.